Staten Island Ferry
Special/Performance Permit Application Instructions
The permit grants a restricted one (1) time in the St. George and Whitehall Ferry Terminals for special events and performances. If you are a performer seeking to participate in weekly or monthly performances throughout the transit system; please note, the permitting of such events is extremely limited, and the majority of performances should be applied for through the
MTA’s Music Under New York (MUNY) Program
For any permits outside of the MUNY Process, the following conditions/restrictions apply:
1. Access is limited to the public areas of the terminals unless otherwise approved by the Chief Operating Officer of the Staten Island Ferry. No access will be granted to restricted areas.
2. The total number of persons involved in the performance shall not exceed twelve (12); and may be limited to significantly fewer depending on the nature of the activity.
3. No electrical power hook-ups are allowed.
4. There shall be no interference with passenger flow throughout the ferry terminals or boats.
5. There shall be no blocking of turnstile areas, escalators, doors, or gateways to the ferry slips.
6. No posters, banners, or flyers shall be affixed to any surfaces in the terminals or on the ferryboats. No tables, structures, or easels will be allowed.
7. Accommodations for the storage of permittee's materials and/or equipment will not be provided.
8. Full cooperation must be given to crewmembers and terminal staff.
9. The permit must be carried at all times and be shown upon request.
10. The DOT reserves the right to revoke this permit at the sole discretion of the Chief Operating Officer for the Staten Island Ferry.
*If you have any questions, please contact Ferrypermitrequest@dot.nyc.gov.
Contact First Name:
Contact Last Name:
Special Permit Information
Select Location for Permit Here
Whitehall & St. George
Please click here to add locations, date, and times
Clear Permit Information
General Liability Insurance (minimum of $1,000,000) naming the City of New York and Department of Transportation as certificate holder or additionally insured.
Please click here for
General Release Form
Copyright The City of New York