Staten Island Ferry Permit
Literature Distribution Permit Application Instructions
Visit the NYC DOT website for translations of NYC DOT Licenses, Permit Applications & Registrations
The permit grants permission for the use of space in the St. George and Whitehall Ferry Terminals. In accordance with the Rules of the City of New York, Title 34, Section 1-02, the distribution of materials without a permit is prohibited. There is no fee for this permit. The following conditions/restrictions apply:
1. No permits will be issued for literature distribution on a ferryboat. Permits are limited to the terminals only.
2. There shall be no interference with passenger flow throughout the ferry terminal.
3. There shall be no blocking of turnstile areas, escalators, doors, or gateways to the ferry slips.
4. No entrance will be granted to restricted areas, including the side corridors.
5. No posters, banners, or flyers shall be affixed to any surfaces in the terminals or on the ferryboats.
6. No tables, structures, or easels will be allowed.
7. No more than three (3) people will be allowed to distribute literature under the same permit.
8. Accommodations for the storage of permittee's materials and/or equipment will not be provided.
9. Full cooperation must be given to the terminal and ferry staff.
10. The permit must be carried at all times and be shown upon request.
11. No more than two literature permits will be issued at the same time in each terminal, unless otherwise approved by the Chief Operating Officer of the Staten Island Ferry.
12. The solicitation of contributions and the distribution of food, clothing, packages, or other non-printed items are prohibited, unless otherwise approved by the Chief Operating Officer of the Staten Island Ferry.
13. The Department of Transportation reserves the right to revoke this permit at the sole discretion of the Chief Operating Officer for the Staten Island Ferry.
14. Distribution may be prohibited if any of the above conditions are not met.
*If you have any questions, please contact Ferrypermitrequest@dot.nyc.gov.
Contact First Name:
Contact Last Name:
Select Location for Permit Here
Whitehall & St. George
Please click here to add locations, date, and times
Clear Permit Information
Literature To Be Distributed
Please click here for
Literature Release Form
Copyright The City of New York